Texas Tech Event Guidelines
The events calendar is available at https://events.ttu.edu/
The Texas Tech University Event Calendar is the official university event calendar and provides a consolidated listing of official events for Texas Tech University. By promoting lectures, cultural events and other activities, the calendar encourages communication within Texas Tech University and fosters community participation at public events. Texas Tech Eventsalso provides more comprehensive information about Texas Tech to the external world in support of university academic, research and other strategic objectives.
Definition of an "Event"
Events include academic deadlines, lectures, workshops, meetings, training programs, as well as cultural, sporting and social functions. They may include on-campus events or selected off-campus events sponsored by a Texas Tech University entity (e.g., department, college, institute, center, registered student organization, etc.).
These events may be open to the general public, the Texas Tech community or a segment of the Texas Tech community.
All submissions must adhere to TTU Operating Policies and Procedures, including TTU IT Security Policies, specifically the University Acceptable Use Guidelines.
Posting an Event - Guidelines
- You must have a ttu.edu email address and you will be required to supply your eRaider username and password. If you need technical assistance, please IT Help Central at (806) 742-4357 (HELP) or email@example.com IT Help Central.
- All announcements must be submitted by a Texas Tech University employee or student representing a formal university organization; such as a division, department, school, or registered student organization, that must be identified in the event.
- Events must be entered into the calendar at least one week prior to the actual event date, unless an exception is granted based on unusual circumstances. Likewise, events cannot be entered more than 365 days prior to the event date. Exception requests can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Specify who can attend the event if it is not open to the public or to the entire Texas Tech community.
The Texas Tech Events administrators will select events to appear in the featured area of the calendar that appeal to wide audiences and promote the university's academic, research and other strategic initiatives. To have your event considered, select Texas Tech Featured Event when submitting.
Additionally, you must upload a photo to be considered. Photos should be close to square in shape, maximum 600x600 pixels in size, and optimized for the web.
You may edit or delete your events until they have been accepted. Once your event is published, you will no longer see it in your list. If a change is needed after an event has been published, please contact email@example.com.
If an event is rescheduled or cancelled, send an email as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org. We also recommend that you alert the Texas Tech Community by posting a message on TechAnnounce.
- Before submitting an event, make sure it has not already been posted. The easiest way to do this is to check the date of your event. Note that the calendar is automatically populated with certain events, deadlines and other entries.
- Remember, your event will "share the stage" with other events in the calendar. Use language that will explain your event to someone who knows absolutely nothing about it. Include as many details as possible: contact information, resource links, restrictions, cost, etc.
- Make your titles descriptive. Rather than "Lecture" use "Music Lecture Series: Dialogues and Adventures; James Decker, Trombone."
- Elaborate on the event in the description field, but try not to repeat the same information from the title. Do not include locations and times in the description field (unless it is to add details such as room numbers).
- Be specific when entering the timeframe of your event. The system can incorporate multi-day events as well as recurring events (which will be featured on the right side of the calendar).
- You can add an image to illustrate your event. For best viewing results make your image no larger than 600x600 pixels in size. If you don't have the ability to upload your own images, send it by email to email@example.com for assistance.